£420,000 road improvements to begin at Withernwick, near Hornsea
A £420,000 project to improve a road at Withernwick, near Hornsea, is due to begin next week.
The major scheme by East Riding of Yorkshire Council is due to start on Beverley Road, Withernwick, on Monday 8 August and is expected to take six weeks to complete, weather permitting.
The works will involve using a low carbon recycling treatment to reconstruct the existing carriageway, strengthening the road edges and then overlaying it with new surfacing material.
In order to carry out the works safely Beverley Road will be temporarily closed to through traffic in phases between Great Hatfield Road and Hull Road.
The road closure phases and anticipated dates are as follows:
- 8 to 26 August - Beverley Road will be closed from Great Hatfield Road to Hull Road.
- 30 to 31 August - Great Hatfield Road Junction will be closed.
- 1 to 6 September - Beverley Road will be closed from Great Hatfield Road to Hull Road.
- 7 to 9 September - Hull Road junction will be closed.
- 12 to 16 September - Beverley Road will be closed from Great Hatfield Road to Hull Road.
The scheme will be carried out by Britcon (UK) Ltd on behalf of the council. The site team will keep in close contact with affected residents to ensure as little disruption as possible is experienced by motorists.
Councillor Chris Matthews, the council's portfolio for environment and climate change, said: "We'd like to thank residents and motorists travelling along this route for their patience while this essential work is carried out.
"Once it is complete, the road will be much improved for years to come."
The schemed is being carried out as part of the council's £12m capital programme of road maintenance works across the East Riding.